Friday, July 4, 2008

Scammers use "insurance" as additional "hook" -- you are about to be stung

a scammed and angry pet owner to be in the UK shared with us the e mail from the alleged "Air Animal office in Laounde, Cameroon" ... a hoax of course ... that if the buyer in the UK did not immediately wire USD$1200.00 to Cameroon, then the two puppies ordered would be destroyed immediately by the French authorities, who had held up the shipment in Paris, pending proof of insurance. The demand for payment was based upon an alleged requirement of the Council of Europe "requiring all pets to be insured whilst in transit" .. another of the many hoaxes used by the Cameroon scammers to promise you two beautiful puppies based upon web site photos; and by the way, nothing else ... in separting you from your hard earned money.

... the moral of the story .. "if it sounds too good to be true; then it is too good to be true"

... caveat emptor ... buyer beware.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yeah, I just got a too good to be true email about a German Shepard puppy that was free all I had to do was pay $80 for shipping. Then they sent me am email from the pet shipping agency that they had too many accounts and were getting audited so i need to western union the money to Cameroon. I'm really glad I found this web site although I was already not stupid enough to western union anyone money. So be careful all I did was post an ad on craigslist that I was looking for a puppy and they emailed me the next day.