Saturday, February 14, 2009

SCAM Report #63 - Winners & Losers .. this week's report

Disclaimer; contrary to what you may have been told, or have been led to believe by imposters in the African country of Cameroon, and elsewhere; Air Animal, the Tampa, Florida based pet moving service for relocating families; is NOT involved in the transportation of pets purchased over the internet.

From the desk of Dr Walter Woolf, the veterinary founder and owner of Air Animal, the pet moving service for relocating families, since 1977, now in our 32nd year of continuous business, from our sole office in Tampa, Florida, USA.

Summary of this past week's reports from across the world.

Canadians continue to be trusting people; sending more per MoneyGram (cash) to Cameroon, for alleged puppies; that never appear than Americans.

Americans were targeted this past week as they are on a regular daily basis as victims of the con & scam artists in the African country of Cameroon and elsewhere..... with fictitious web sites provided the scam victims to allegedly "track" the shipment of the puppies. Of course, after the first transfer of CASH by Western Union and/or MoneyGram, you discover the "tracking web site" do not exist.

Our Briish cousins continue to be targeted as well; the "bait" this past week being African Gray parrots. For those who take the time & effort to read these blogs, you will benefit by knowing of the need for you to obtain a CITES import permit to bring the alleged birds into the UK, with quarantine at your residence; along with veterinary inspection at your residence. A call to your local UK veterinary surgeon will confirm this situation.

Our "down under" friends in Australia continue to take the "bait" from the con and scam artists in Camereoon, and elesewhere. Our Aussie friends would do well to look at the AQIS website ... www.aqis.gov.au .. to familiarize themselves with the imporation of pet dogs, cats, and birds into Australia.

Summary; if you contemplating purchasing and/or acquiring a pet via the internet, you are most likely setting yourselves up to be the victim of a scam from talented and sophisticated con artists in yes, the African country of Cameroon.

If the "deal" seems to good to be true, it is ... there are NO "free" or low cost pets to be purchased over the internet.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I was targeted in this scam. The seller sent me pictures of a 12 week old yorkie puppy name Katt. When I asked about the $150 payment, I was sent an email requesting the money be sent by Western Union to Cameroon Africa.
If anyone thinks they are also being targeted, email me at arasmussen87@gmail.com. I will send you pictures, answer any questions, etc...

airanimal said...

Amanda .. thank you for your valued input; as well as your validation of our postings to the "interent puppy scam" blog. The scammers use the internet to prey upon trusting, unsuspecting people across the world. With your comments and our blog, we can share with potential pet owners the hazards of dealing with fictitious pet dealers in the African country of Cameroon.

airanimal said...

Amanda .. thank you for your valued input; as well as your validation of our postings to the "interent puppy scam" blog. The scammers use the internet to prey upon trusting, unsuspecting people across the world. With your comments and our blog, we can share with potential pet owners the hazards of dealing with fictitious pet dealers in the African country of Cameroon.

Unknown said...

I found a property online and contacted Joel D. Valencia of CEO Realty www.joeldvalencia.com www.ceorealty.com the property manager/agent of Mr. Freddy DeCordova of whom he later stated was also employed by his company when the business card of the owner Freddy DeCordova, in the CEO Realty office while signing the lease. At the time I thought it seemed shady but was confused about it and sort of blew it off.

2 hours after signing the lease i went to the condo association to pay my additional $1000 deposit. The Condo association stated I could not move in until the owner paid his delinquent condo fees. Immediately I was beginning to get concerned that I've rented from a deadbeat owner but at the time I wasn't really thinking about foreclosure, I wasnt too educated on the entire situation since I've never owned or wanted to own. After I continued to follow up and complain that I would get a lawyer and not move in, the fees were paid.

About a week after moving in, I noticed a combination lockbox near the entrance of my apartment which was locked. Assuming a key to my rental was in this lockbox I contacted Mr. Valencia asking for it to be removed by email. I kept all his emails.

He responded that he has no idea whose lockbox it was. I told him I wanted it removed while I was renting there and did not feel safe with a key to the unit right outside. Nothing happened and I sort of forgot about it.

2 months later an unknown real estate agent and prospective buyer entered my unit when I was in another room. The agent stated he received the lockbox combination from Joel D. Valencia of CEO Realty. I confronted Joel and he repeatedly denied ownership of the lockbox. I secured the key from the intruder and I recorded the lockbox registration number. I plan on reporting this to the florida real estate licensing board.

Then about 3 months after moving in my access to the entry gate key and amenities were revoked due to the fact he had not paid his condo fees in 3 months which I soon found out. At this time I contacted Joel Valencia, and he revealed that owner had not paid his mortgage in '3 months' and was not planning on paying condo fees or any future mortgage payments. I ended up having to deduct condo fees from my rental payments and pay themselves to allow my access to my property which I felt really uncomfortable doing this, it was also a huge inconvenience and I decided to stop the payments after paying them for 2 months and just pay my full rent directly to CEO Realty as was stated in the lease.

2 weeks ago I received a foreclosure summons stating the owner had not paid his mortgage since jan 08. I have recently had to obtain an attorney Peter Weintraub, Weintrab & Weintraub PA, Boca Raton, FL, to represent me in this foreclosure and possible eviction as I am withholding rent as of the date I received the foreclosure summons. 3 days after withholding rent I received a phone call from Joel telling me to 'pack my stuff I'll be out in 20 days cause he's filing an eviction'

This entire process has been a nightmare and I intend on fighting the eviction, even though I believe its just a threat, but I am doing everything in my power to get Mr. Joel D. Valencia's license revoked. This guy is scam artist and needs to be acted against. I am furious.

Avoid: www.joeldvalencia.com  www.ceorealty.com