Thursday, January 8, 2009

Almost a vicitim: please read on

From: "Amanda Chamberlain"
To:
Cc:
Date: Wed, 7 Jan 2009 21:58:26 -0500
Subject: Scam Using Your Name

Hello,

My name is Amanda. I recently have almost fallen victim to a scam. The ad said the puppy was in California and would be shipping via Air Animal Pet Moving Services. The e-mail said that it was the Dublin branch and I was supposed to send my money to Cameroon. Upon receiving my name, address, and phone number, they sent me information to pay. The reason I am contacting you is that I wanted you to be aware someone is scamming prospective pet owners using your company’s name. I know there’s probably not much you can do, but I wanted to pass on the information. The following link is similar to the e-mail I was sent. I would be happy to forward the e-mail on to you, if you would like to see it.

Sincerely, Amanda Chamberlain BS, RVT

Please note: Amanda Chamberlain was kind enough to share the above e mail with us. Thank you Amanda.

No comments: