Wednesday, December 17, 2008

I'm being deployed to Afghanistan .. my puppy needs a home; SCAM

... wow ! .. the Cameroon scammers will resort to anything ... try this one on for size ...

... the script goes like this ... "I'm being deployed to Afghanistan; and I need a home for my puppy (you pick any cute breed you wish)".

".. please wire me USD$228.00 so that I can ship the dog to you ".

... the gullible, and well meaning person wired the money to a total stranger in another country .. the African country of Cameroon ... ... shame on Western Union or the MoneyGram people for participating in this example of internet fraud.

... then the call comes for more money .. usually for insurance or for sudden veterinary related fees... you begin to realize that you are yet another scam victim.

... published in the interest of educating potential pet owners as to the hazards of the internet.

published by; Walter M Woolf, V.M.D. .. principal owner & managing director .. Air Animal Pet Movers .. the relocating pets best friend, since 1977.

No comments: